Believe it or not, life, deep within the earth is starting to stir! Tune into the full moon tonight! You may have heard It will be a rare full moon celestial event and Lunar Eclipse! This moon also marks the mid way point between Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox! Get in touch with your resilience as we push through to the other side. You may notice an inner urge to bring your gifts to the world -or maybe just a little cabin fever setting in! Which parts of yourself have become dormant or shut down in these cold winter months? What have you been hanging on to that is not healthy? Rid yourself of whatever stories you’ve been attached to that weigh you down. This time of year is for purification and release as the soul welcomes in the light of life!
This week begins the first week of Live like a Yogi. We have an auspicious 13 yogis ready to shift their lives toward better balance, energy, and inspiration! Throughout these next ten weeks I will be offering different tips from Ayurveda in these emails that will help you at home too! Stay tuned! These practices can help you align your body to it’s natural rhythms and the rhythm of the earth for greater ease and flow.
If you want to know more about this program or work with me individually for Ayurveda / Yoga Health Coaching, go HERE to my new website and find out more. I will soon be offering an online option to this course that can be done right from your home!
Love and blessings to you and yours!
May the Peace prevail all throughout this world!
May you be happy. May you be Holy. May you be healed.
Thank you for being in our classes this year!
HAPPY HOLY DAYS From all of us here at Heart Space Yoga
-Andrea, Dominique, Ashley, and Susan
The Longest Night of the Year is Approaching
- Take time time to go inward,
- Rest into the darkness and catch sight of your glowing radiance.
- Give your desires words, reveal your intentions
- Describe your dreams in detail.
- Give your heart a voice.
- Look at what you are afraid of…what holds you back. Create a plan, a mantra, a reminder, that gives faith to the opposite.
- Love yourself enough to release the past
- Ask for what you want
- Dare to deepen your happiness!
- Be generous with your heart for the benefit of all.
Yes, we might get hurt, we may fail….but if we don’t listen, the buck stops there, stifled with a dull discontent. The Winter Solstice is a time to plant the seeds and believe in your creative potential. Bring forth the best of yourself for the benefit of all!\
Feel Great Through The Holidays!
10 Tips from Ayurveda
Get ready to have fun! Loosen up, play, indulge even.. but do so responsibly.
Pay attention. Don’t let the holidays leave you feeling heavy and dull, and unhealthy.
- Get to bed early (by 10 pm) as often as you can. Make time for quiet stillness. Journal your heartfelt desires for this next year.
- Surround yourself with positive people. If your family challenges you, have a plan. Use a mantra. Have a positive focus or saying to recite to yourself and stay grounded. -EX. “My essence is Love” or “May all beings be free”. Recite to yourself silently -even as you are socializing.
- Avoid excess alcohol or drugs. These substances can only complicate already complicated issues! Drink just enough to make the conversation interesting if you must. Any more than that, does not make it better… but WORSE. You also pay the next day! Get fun substitutes like Kombucha or fancy seltzers with fruit!
- Wake up on feasting day with a tall thermos of warm water and lemon. Drink this warm mixture all throughout the day. Stay hydrated!
- On the day you plan to indulge, eat very light if at all that morning. Get in touch with your natural hunger. Pay attention to your physiological appetite. Notice if your desire for food is coming from your emotional needs rather than true hunger.
- EAT YOUR HOLIDAY MEAL EARLY!!!!!! Enjoy through all six senses. Take your time. Try to eat by 3:00 pm at the latest if you can! Your body will thank you for it! Eating early gives you sufficient time to digest your big meal upright, in the vertical plane!
- If you are a dessert fan, eat it very shortly if not immediately after dinner. Do not wait until later that night. This makes it easier for digestion.
- After a brief rest, go for a nice walk or ski after you eat. Move it! Shake it! Have a dance party!
- Drink ginger tea to aid better digestion.
- After 6:00 pm try not to eat anything more. Continue to drink your warm water / ginger tea.
RELAX ….. and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take the time in the following days to rebuild your relationship with your body.
Exercise! Practice Yoga! Meditate.
Start your new year with supportive habits and a clear vision.
How do you want to feel in this next phase of your life??
-Stay connected, and sign up for LIVE LIKE A YOGI!! Next series starts January 31st 2018! If you miss the boat, don’t worry! This program is offered twice a year.
Curious about Seasonal Cleansing?